Monday, October 5, 2009

Let Friendship Shine?


wahh wahhhhh...


I've had a couple lists on my mind.  And with a little bit of time on my hands, I thought that I should write them down before I forgot them.

The first one is going to be a list of 10 international and national cities that Chicago could have beaten for the Olympics.  I thought that we would have at least beat Tokyo, but I guess that the Obama family doesn't have the sway over the international crowd that they do over the mindless masses of America.  Maybe that's because they don't just get sucked in by a "catchy" phrase, which this time was "Let Friendship Shine" (kind of a lame-town phrase if you ask me, although the logo was pretty tight).  Maybe we should have just stuck with "Yes We Can"?

10) New York - the one city in America that might be a little more corrupt than Chicago.  Could you imagine an Olympic village in the streets of Brooklyn?  Chicago is better than New York in all aspects anyways.

9) Manila, Philippines - the second highest population density in the world.  There's approximately 112,000 people per square mile... PER SQUARE MILE.  They couldn't fit anyone else in there.

8) London, England - they have the games in 2012.  No way they would have beat us for 2016.  Unless David Beckham was there with Ringo Starr...

7) Saigon, Vietnam - something tells me that the IOC would prefer the Olympics in Chicago.

6) Any City in India - did you see Slumdog Millionaire?!

5) Atlanta, GA - my question is, "How did Atlanta win the 1996 Olympics?!"  They beat out Athens on the 100 year anniversary!  Impossible.  I'm thinking that the Dirty Dirty might have beat out Chicago, but I'm putting it on this list anyways.

4) Mogadishu, Somalia - "estimates of the city's current population vary greatly, with figures ranging from 1.5 million to 3 million, as many of its former inhabitants have fled."  Well this isn't really a joking matter, but if anywhere in Somalia would have beaten Chicago, I might have yelled out, "You Lie!"

3) Baghdad, Iraq - we're pulling some of the best Americans out of Iraq; we couldn't send any back in!

2) Pyongyang, North Korea - I could just see it now... Kim Jong-il forcing the Olympic torch to be fashioned like a large nuclear missile.  NO WAIT!  DON'T LIGHT THAT!  IT IS A NUCLEAR MISSILE!

1) Decatur, IL - the "armpit of America."  I would like to see the Decatur Olympic plan, though.

Tomorrow night... the 10 Chicago figures that might have helped our chances more than Oprah.

No comments: